AAKPThe American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) is the oldest fully independent kidney patient organization in America. For more than 45 years, AAKP has been the leader in the fields of patient engagement, patient-centered education and public advocacy efforts. AAKP is proud of our legacy and considers ourselves among the original pioneers of increased access to high quality care for kidney patients. One of our earliest advocacy achievements is a well-known Federal program, the End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Program administered by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). AAKP is an IRS registered Sec. 501(C) (3) organization and is governed, by original design and intent, by a patient-majority National Board of Directors. Founded in 1969 by six kidney patients who were brought together by their disease, the shared prospect of a premature death and an intense desire to undergo and expand the availability of the still experimental and highly risky process of dialysis; these pioneers of patient engagement called themselves NAPH (National Association of Patients on Hemodialysis), the direct forerunner of AAKP. They set out to inform fellow patients and the public about the devastating impact of kidney disease for both patients and the families. AAKP has continued that legacy by improving the quality of life for kidney patients through education, advocacy and the fostering of patient communities.
- AAKP offers FREE membership for patients and family members. Click here to learn more
- AAKP offers a number of educational materials including brochures, electronic newsletters and our national aakpRENALIFE magazine. Click here to learn more
- AAKP hosts a number of educational and social events for patients and their family members such as its National Patient Meeting and HealthLine webinars. Click here to learn more
- Looking for support, visit the AAKP website for a list of national support groups to find one near you! Click here to learn more
- American Association of Kidney Patients
- 14440 Bruce B. Downs Blvd.
- Tampa, FL 33613
- Phone: 800-749-2257 (toll-free)
- Website: www.aakp.org
- Email: email@example.com
AAKP has been a sponsor of Home Dialysis Central since 2006
- Welcome to AAKP’s Center for Patient Engagement and Advocacy
- AAKP and the CDC Launch Partnership to Limit Dialysis–Related Bloodstream Infections
- 2015 AAKP National Patient Meeting – Explore Your Future Today!
- AAKP National Patient Meeting to be Held in Nashville, Tennessee
- The American Association of Kidney Patients Meeting – Spotlighting Kidney Health
- Take Charge of Your Health Care
- Celebrating 45 Years of Progress in Patient Education & Advocacy
- You’re Invited!
- Watch, Listen and Learn – AAKP HealthLine Webinars are Available Online!
- Join the American Association of Kidney Patients Family
- AAKP HealthLine Webinars Are Now Online
Do you have a question for AAKP? Fill out the form below completely. Be sure to include important information like your name, your phone number, relevant contact information, and a detailed description of the reason for which you are making contact.