AAKP - Spotlight Archive
The American Association of Kidney Patients Meeting – Spotlighting Kidney Health
Registration for the American Association of Kidney Patients 41th National Patient Meeting is open. The AAKP National Patient Meeting is the largest kidney patient education and advocacy meeting held in the United States.
The meeting will take place at the Nashville Airport Marriott in Nashville, TN, September 25-27, 2015 and is a collaborative effort with support from Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Tennessee Kidney Foundation, Home Dialysis United, End-Stage Renal Disease Network 8, Inc, the Northwest Renal Network and TransplantFirst Academy.
Meeting participants will have an opportunity to learn the latest scientific research regarding kidney disease, educate themselves on advances in new treatment modalities including advances in home hemodialysis and receive training in new strategies and tactics designed to improve their ability to impact Federal and state legislation and policies that determine the health care they receive. Nurses, social workers and dieticians will have the opportunity to receive continuing education credits.
- Summit on Public Policy
- The Future is Now – Innovations and Changes in Treatment and Care
- There’s an App for That – The Effects of Social Media and Online Tools in the Renal World
- The Kidney Disease Self-Management Toolbox
- Understanding and Communicating with Your Healthcare Team about Your Healthcare Plan
- Home Dialysis Therapies – An International Perspective
- Weathering the Storm… Being Prepared and the Emotional Response, Care and Recovery
- Advanced Care Planning – Bridging the Divide
- Nutrition 101: Eating Healthy at All Stages of Kidney Disease
The meeting package includes entrance into the exhibit hall, educational sessions, an attendee tote-bag, souvenir items, and all social events including: two breakfasts, two lunches, afternoon breaks and one dinner. On-site registrations are also available.
Full annual meeting registration will cover health screenings at the AAKP Wellness Center and extensive professional and medical expert networking opportunities will be available to all attendees through the popular Lunch with the Experts program.
For more information on the 2015 AAKP National Patient Meeting, as well as sponsorship and vendor opportunities, please visit www.aakp.org/community/programs-events/aakp-national-patient-meeting.html or contact Diana Clynes, AAKP’s Director of Programs & Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-400-2391.