Why Do People Stop Doing Home HD?
Among 2,840 people who started home HD between 2007 and 2009, nearly one in four stopped within a year, while 1-year mortality was 7.6%. The risks of stopping home HD were higher among those with diabetes, and substance use (alcohol, tobacco, drugs). Those who were listed for transplant or lived in rural areas were less likely to stop home HD.
Read the abstract » | (added 01/10/2016)
Related Journal Articles
- NxStage and 2008K@Home Head-to-Head | (added 01/10/2016)
- PD Dose Needs Adjustment for Activity Level | (added 10/13/2016)
- PD or In-Center HD: Which is Better for Transplant? | (added 07/12/2016)
- In-center Nocturnal HD Beats Standard HD | (added 04/12/2017)
- CKD Case Management Boosts PD Use | (added 03/10/2016)