Home HD trumps PD for living longer
The Chronic Disease Research Group matched 4,450 NxStage users with people on PD between 2007 and 2010, based on 33 factors. Compared to those on PD, people who did daily home HD had a 13% lower risk of death from a heart problem and a 20% lower risk of death from infection. They were also more likely to keep using the treatment they chose.
Read the full article » | Posted 12/09/2014
- Volume Overload Affects PD Technique Failure Posted 01/09/2020
- Pilot Project Brings Home HD to Montreal Cree Community Posted 12/10/2019
- DaVita: Nocturnal In-center HD Beats Standard HD Posted 11/16/2019
- To PD Or Not To PD Posted 10/14/2019
- Fresenius Solo HHDer Trains Local First Responders Posted 10/14/2019