Even in nursing homes, daily HD is dramatically better than thrice weekly
Compared to 3,391 nursing home residents receiving standard in-center HD (ICHD), 528 residents who did short daily HD had markedly better survival. In fact, in the first 3 months of treatment, mortality among standard ICHD patients was 70%, 72%, and 64%—while for the same 3-months, mortality with daily HD was 50%, 24%, and 17%—with albumin and hemoglobin levels similar or higher and ferritin levels lower.
Read the full article » | Posted 03/11/2015
- Volume Overload Affects PD Technique Failure Posted 01/09/2020
- Pilot Project Brings Home HD to Montreal Cree Community Posted 12/10/2019
- DaVita: Nocturnal In-center HD Beats Standard HD Posted 11/16/2019
- To PD Or Not To PD Posted 10/14/2019
- Fresenius Solo HHDer Trains Local First Responders Posted 10/14/2019