Even in nursing homes, daily HD is dramatically better than thrice weekly
Compared to 3,391 nursing home residents receiving standard in-center HD (ICHD), 528 residents who did short daily HD had markedly better survival. In fact, in the first 3 months of treatment, mortality among standard ICHD patients was 70%, 72%, and 64%—while for the same 3-months, mortality with daily HD was 50%, 24%, and 17%—with albumin and hemoglobin levels similar or higher and ferritin levels lower.
Read the full article » | Posted 03/11/2015
- PEI says Go Home Posted 02/15/2018
- 35 Years of Home HD Posted 01/11/2018
- MACs Threaten Nephrologists’ Ability to Provide Patient-Centered Care Posted 01/11/2018
- Visually Impaired Couple Succeed with Home HD Posted 12/14/2017
- UK Camper Vans Introduce PD Posted 12/14/2017