Yes, heart function can improve on dialysis—IF it’s done like this
Longer HD treatments reverse some heart damage, finds a new study. People who did standard in-center HD treatments had left heart ventricles that grew larger (which can lead to sudden cardiac death). But, those who did in-center nocturnal HD had a significant drop in the size of their hearts’ main pumping chamber.
Read the full article » | Posted 10/15/2015
- To Buttonhole or Not to Buttonhole Posted 02/19/2020
- Volume Overload Affects PD Technique Failure Posted 01/09/2020
- Pilot Project Brings Home HD to Montreal Cree Community Posted 12/10/2019
- DaVita: Nocturnal In-center HD Beats Standard HD Posted 11/16/2019
- To PD Or Not To PD Posted 10/14/2019