Yes, heart function can improve on dialysis—IF it’s done like this
Longer HD treatments reverse some heart damage, finds a new study. People who did standard in-center HD treatments had left heart ventricles that grew larger (which can lead to sudden cardiac death). But, those who did in-center nocturnal HD had a significant drop in the size of their hearts’ main pumping chamber.
Read the full article » | Posted 10/15/2015
- PEI says Go Home Posted 02/15/2018
- 35 Years of Home HD Posted 01/11/2018
- MACs Threaten Nephrologists’ Ability to Provide Patient-Centered Care Posted 01/11/2018
- Visually Impaired Couple Succeed with Home HD Posted 12/14/2017
- UK Camper Vans Introduce PD Posted 12/14/2017