New portable artificial kidney trials to start in 2017
A wearable dialysis device prototype is targeted for next year, with clinical trials just 3 years off. A joint effort with Debiotech, AWAK, and Neokidney Development, the new device will be able to do longer and/or more frequent home HD. The system will be based on Debiotech’s DialEase. With AWAK’s sorbent equipment, just 4 liters of dialysate will be needed. Neokidney Development offers access to expert doctors, patients, and help to raise funding for the project.
Read the full article » | Posted 06/05/2014
- Bring Home the Bacon Posted 02/15/2018
- A PD Solution to Protect Peritoneal Membranes Posted 01/11/2018
- The V-Wing Didn’t Make It; Perhaps the AV-Guardian Will? Posted 01/11/2018
- Print a Kidney Posted 01/11/2018
- Baxter Theranova: More Middle Molecules, Less Albumin Loss Posted 12/14/2017