Even in nursing homes, daily HD is dramatically better than thrice weekly
Compared to 3,391 nursing home residents receiving standard in-center HD (ICHD), 528 residents who did short daily HD had markedly better survival. In fact, in the first 3 months of treatment, mortality among standard ICHD patients was 70%, 72%, and 64%—while for the same 3-months, mortality with daily HD was 50%, 24%, and 17%—with albumin and hemoglobin levels similar or higher and ferritin levels lower.
Read the full article » | Posted 03/11/2015
- Home is a Win-Win for Dialysis Patients—and Their Neighbors Posted 09/15/2017
- PD in India Posted 09/15/2017
- Flying High on Nocturnal Home HD Posted 09/15/2017
- Home Again, Home Again… Posted 08/17/2017
- Nocturnal HD Coming to a Fresenius clinic in Lubbock, TX Posted 08/17/2017