Which is safer for urgent start dialysis, PD or HD?
If dialysis must start right away, which option offers a better chance of avoiding infection and living longer—PD or HD? In Dr. Arshia Ghaffari’s study, reported in abstract form at the NKF Spring Clinicals, the clear winner was urgent start PD. Urgent start HD had a 43% higher rate of hospitalization and 4.3 times the number of catheter-related infections.
Read the full article » | Posted 04/10/2015
- Home is a Win-Win for Dialysis Patients—and Their Neighbors Posted 09/15/2017
- PD in India Posted 09/15/2017
- Flying High on Nocturnal Home HD Posted 09/15/2017
- Home Again, Home Again… Posted 08/17/2017
- Nocturnal HD Coming to a Fresenius clinic in Lubbock, TX Posted 08/17/2017