PD has a 25% lower risk of dementia than standard in-center HD
Among 121,623 patients starting dialysis, those who began with PD had a 25% lower chance of developing dementia than those who started with HD—even after adjusting for age, gender, and other factors. Dr. Dawn Wolfgram and her team looked at USRDS data and claims data to rule out people who had dementia when they started treatment, though doctors may have steered cognitively impaired patients away from a self-care option like PD.
Read the full article » | Posted 04/10/2015
- Home is a Win-Win for Dialysis Patients—and Their Neighbors Posted 09/15/2017
- PD in India Posted 09/15/2017
- Flying High on Nocturnal Home HD Posted 09/15/2017
- Home Again, Home Again… Posted 08/17/2017
- Nocturnal HD Coming to a Fresenius clinic in Lubbock, TX Posted 08/17/2017