Yes, heart function can improve on dialysis—IF it’s done like this
Longer HD treatments reverse some heart damage, finds a new study. People who did standard in-center HD treatments had left heart ventricles that grew larger (which can lead to sudden cardiac death). But, those who did in-center nocturnal HD had a significant drop in the size of their hearts’ main pumping chamber.
Read the full article » | Posted 10/15/2015
- Home is a Win-Win for Dialysis Patients—and Their Neighbors Posted 09/15/2017
- PD in India Posted 09/15/2017
- Flying High on Nocturnal Home HD Posted 09/15/2017
- Home Again, Home Again… Posted 08/17/2017
- Nocturnal HD Coming to a Fresenius clinic in Lubbock, TX Posted 08/17/2017