Wait, Another WAK?
Nephron+ is developing a wearable artificial kidney in Europe. Supported by an EU research consortium, the device is currently in animal trials before being tested in humans, and will send patient data to a smartphone. With fewer staff, medications, and infrastructure, the WAK device is expected to save billions of Euros each year compared to dialysis, while allowing patients a more normal life.
Read the full article » | Posted 05/06/2014
- When Pigs Fly… Posted 09/15/2017
- Home Dialyzors United Helps Guide the Kidney Project Posted 09/15/2017
- DIY Dialysis? Posted 08/17/2017
- VasQ and A Posted 08/17/2017
- Transitioning Home Posted 07/14/2017