New portable artificial kidney trials to start in 2017
A wearable dialysis device prototype is targeted for next year, with clinical trials just 3 years off. A joint effort with Debiotech, AWAK, and Neokidney Development, the new device will be able to do longer and/or more frequent home HD. The system will be based on Debiotech’s DialEase. With AWAK’s sorbent equipment, just 4 liters of dialysate will be needed. Neokidney Development offers access to expert doctors, patients, and help to raise funding for the project.
Read the full article » | Posted 06/05/2014
- When Pigs Fly… Posted 09/15/2017
- Home Dialyzors United Helps Guide the Kidney Project Posted 09/15/2017
- DIY Dialysis? Posted 08/17/2017
- VasQ and A Posted 08/17/2017
- Transitioning Home Posted 07/14/2017