A whole new 3D take on a dialyzer
A UCSD lab has already shown that it can use 3D printing with a soft hydrogel and living cells to form blood vessels. Now, researchers are using this technique to remove toxins from the body. Nanoparticles that can trap toxins are embedded in a hydrogel matrix. The gel turns red when toxins are present. Once the toxins are removed, the gel matrix can be turned off. This discovery may one day lead to entirely new ways to clean the blood after kidney or liver failure.
Read the full article » | Posted 06/05/2014
- When Pigs Fly… Posted 09/15/2017
- Home Dialyzors United Helps Guide the Kidney Project Posted 09/15/2017
- DIY Dialysis? Posted 08/17/2017
- VasQ and A Posted 08/17/2017
- Transitioning Home Posted 07/14/2017