AAKP - Spotlight Archive
AAKP HealthLine Webinars Are Now Online
The AAKP HealthLine is a webinar-based program (with the conference call option still available for those without a computer) that conveniently educates patients and their family members on a variety of important health care topics from the comfort of their home or office. HealthLine addresses many issues patients with kidney disease face such as diet/nutrition, mention/social/emotional health, medication management, renal replacement treatment options, co-morbid conditions kidney patients cope with such as hyperparathyroidism, bone disease, anemia, heart disease, and much more.
All webinar programs are one-hour long, feature two to three expert speakers and allow for live audience question and answer session toward the end of each session.
- How do I register?
- Call (800) 749-AAKP to register or register online by visiting www.aakp.org/community/programs-events.html.
- Who organizes each AAKP HealthLine program?
- All webinars are organized by AAKP and feature leading health care professionals. Participation is FREE.
- Can I ask a question during the webinar?
- AAKP HealthLine is an interactive program. Time is provided at the end of each webinar for a brief question and answer session.
Archived Webinars/Conference Calls
AAKP records all HealthLine webinars and conference calls and places them on the AAKP website. Recent HealthLine programs include:
- Understanding Your Rights: Choosing or Changing Your Dialysis Options
- Home Hemodialysis: Helping Patients Lead a Healthier Life!
- Behind Closed Doors: Sexuality and Kidney Disease
- Food for Thought: Your Kidney Diet
For more information about the AAKP HealthLine Program call 1-800-749-2257, ext. 1001 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.