Home Dialysis Central has pulled together this selection of helpful products for dialysis patients. Select a category to show only those related products. Do you have a product that you think could be useful for dialysis patients? Fill out this form to add it to our list.
we do not sell any of these products!
You must contact the company that makes them for price and order details.
You will find contact info for each company under each product.
Listings in the Helpful Products Catalog on Home Dialysis Central are a service to you. The Medical Education Institute, its staff, its Board of Directors, and its sponsors do not endorse any product or service. Talk with your doctor if you don't know whether a product is safe or wise for you to use. We do strive to ensure that each listing is correct and complete—but, we can't guarantee it. We also can't and don't endorse, recommend, or review all of the links you could follow off of this site to another site. We are not responsible if a link you visit harms you or your computer, gives you wrong information, or if any other loss or damange occurs.
Chef Paul Prudhomme's Magic Seasoning Blends
Chef Paul Prudhomme’s Magic Seasoning Blends® has been in business since 1983 and has grown to fill a 125,000-square-foot plant, blending and shipping Chef Paul’s dry spices, rubs, bottled sauces, and marinades.
For those who are looking for dialysis-safe, all-natural, no-salt, no-sugar seasoning blends, look no further! They are also no-MSG and gluten-free. Available flavors include Lemon & Cracked Pepper, Sweet & Spicy, Seven Herb, Toasted Onion & Garlic, and Six Spice.
Complications: A Doctor’s Love Story
"Complications: A Doctor’s Love Story"
By Linda Gromko, MD.
Paperback Book. ISBN 978-0-9825143-0-6.
When Seattle family doctor Linda Gromko receives an implausible inheritence from a former patient, the windfall jolts her life—already out of balance from the demands of her profession. She reshuffles her life priorities and vows to find a life partner once and for all. Browsing on the Internet with "I’d like to meet a nice Democrat," she finds Steve—a businessman who is "irreverently funny, gifted at banter, and loyal as a beagle." But while Steve brings joy, he also brings complications to the doctor’s life. For one, there is Steve’s nine-year-old daughter Brita, who stares the doctor down with "I hate every centimeter of you—get used to it!" The more serious complication, however, is Steve’s health. Known to have diabetes and high blood pressure for years, Steve falls precipitously into the abyss of Acute Kidney Failure. Without a transplant or dialysis, Steve will certainly die within one to two weeks. "Complications" takes the reader on a tumultuous ride of medical and personal trials, as Dr. Gromko exerts the most powerful advocacy of her life. The book is "R" rated: "R" for language, and "R" for reality!
Order through www.LindaGromkoMD.com.
- Complications: A Doctor’s Love Story
- Email: info(a)homedialysis.org
CoverCath™ Catheter Covers
CoverCath™ is designed for patients with Hemodialysis catheters, Central Lines, Peripherally Inserted Central Line (PICC), Peritoneal Dialysis catheters, feeding tubes, antibiotic IV lines, Peg tubes, Chemotherapy catheters, and Infusion catheters.
CoverCath is a plastic non-porous bag sealed on all four sides. It has a hole cut on one side with a double-sided hypoallergenic tape attached to the bag completely surrounding the hole. The catheter is inserted into the hole and the second side of the adhesive tape is attached to the skin creating a watertight seal. CoverCath is designed as a disposable product that allows patients to bathe or shower without contamination of the catheter area.
CoverCath was developed to provide patients with catheters the ability to resume a more normal lifestyle and provide a greater freedom to perform personal hygiene at their discretion.
- Designed for or patients with a Hemodialysis catheter, Central Lines, Peripherally inserted Central Line (PICC), Peritoneal Dialysis catheters, feeding tubes, antibiotic IV lines, Peg tubes, Chemotherapy catheters, and Infusion catheters.
- Designed for showering and bathing.
- Disposable and for single use.
- Intended for use in the home.
- NOT designed for swimming, diving, jumping into water, whirlpools and hot tubs.
* Each box contains 10 covers.
CoverCath™ IV Catheter Covers
CoverCath™ IV is designed for patients with Hemodialysis catheters, Central Lines, Peripherally Inserted Central Line (PICC), Peritoneal Dialysis catheters, feeding tubes, antibiotic IV lines, Peg tubes, Chemotherapy catheters, and Infusion catheters and is designed only for showering.
CoverCath IV is a plastic non-porous bag sealed on all four sides. It has a hole cut on one side with a double-sided hypoallergenic tape attached to the bag completely surrounding the hole. The catheter is inserted into the hole and the second side of the adhesive tape is attached to the skin creating a watertight seal. CoverCath IV is designed as a disposable product that allows patients to shower without contamination of the catheter area.
CoverCath IV was developed to provide patients with catheters the ability to resume a more normal lifestyle and provide a greater freedom to perform personal hygiene at their discretion.
CoverCath IV is:
- Designed for patients with a Hemodialysis catheter, Central Lines, Peripherally inserted Central Line (PICC), Peritoneal Dialysis catheters, feeding tubes, antibiotic IV lines, Peg tubes, Chemotherapy catheters, and Infusion catheters.
- Is specifically designed for protecting the catheter area during a shower.
- Is disposable and for single use.
- NOT for full immersion into water and is not for taking a bath or swimming.
* Each box contains 10 covers.
Custom Hemo and Catheter kits for dialysis
As a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) certified kit-packing facility, AOSS Medical Supply offers custom hemo and catheter kits that are assembled to the specific needs of each home dialysis patient’s requirements. Each custom kit will contain the specific products that your host facility recommends in order to perform your daily procedures without concern.
AOSS Medical Supply inspects each custom kit for absolute quality and makes sure that each required product is consistent with each patient request. For over 26 years, AOSS Medical Supply has served the healthcare industry, and we are here to serve you, as well.
The Dialysis Cart Model DC14 is specifically designed for PD patients. It provides easy access, helps organize, and helps with transporting your dialysis supplies. The DC14 is made of schedule-40 durable PVC and will never rust. It is also extremely durable, easy to clean, and is bacterial-static, meaning that bacteria will not grow or reproduce on the cart. Warranty: 5 years on frame, 2 years on casters and fabric. Ships via UPS.
Model DC14 features:
- 43" H x 34" W x 16" D
- Specially designed for PD patients
- Sturdy 4-drawer cart with 2 shelves
- Easy-roll 3" dual-wheel casters (2 locking)
- Available in redwood (shown in picture)
Patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) represent a unique population with regard to nutritional requirements and appropriate supplementation. Dialysist® is a daily multivitamin and mineral formula designed to meet the nutritional needs for a specific state of kidney function.
Dialysist® provides potent amounts of vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folic acid to assist both of the body’s methylation pathways in maintaining healthy homocysteine levels, which is important for heart health. N-acetyl-cysteine (NAC) is also included to help maintain healthy homocysteine levels and support healthy endothelial function.
NOTE: This product is available only with physician recommendation.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Dialysis T-shirts with Hidden Snaps
The Enviro-pad is an economical, multi-purpose, highly absorbent, disposable fluid barrier pad with a laminated backing that absorbs an amazing 1,000 ml per square yard. The air-spun material provides enhanced comfort and has a multitude of practical purposes in and out of the medical field.
Key benefits include:
- Fluid capacity of 1,000 ml per square yard
- Fluid absorption rate of 6.1 seconds/10 ml
- Laminated backing that prevents fluid strike-through
- Reversible for emergency spills
- Adhesive at corners for securing purposes
- Assists with waste disposal by incinerating to a fine ash
- Facilitates faster O.R. clean-up and turn-around
- Enhanced comfort while standing assists in reducing leg stress
- Economically priced
- Versatile and practical
- Performs well for chemical spill protection
- Equipment and floor protection from liquid contaminants
- Lengths may be customized to preference
- Medical Specialty Innovations, Inc.
- 4040 Nine-McFarland Dr, Suite 100
- Alpharetta, 30004
- Phone: 800-814-2011 (toll-free)
- Fax: 770-346-9129
- Email: Kade Kempf, Sales Manager
Angelini Pharma’s mission is to offer innovative and progressive solutions for skin cleansing and disinfection to healthcare professionals and self care patients in the renal markets. Our products are sodium hypochlorite-based, and manufactured via partial electrolysis to create an end product that is stable, safe, pure, and effective.
ExSept Plus is a skin, exit site, and wound cleanser used to cleanse catheter exit sites and cleanse skin prior to cannulation.
- replaces povidone iodine and chlorhexidine
- non staining, non sensitizing, non irritating
- two minute application time
- compatible with all hemo and peritoneal catheter materials
Angelini Pharma—Research and Commitment in Disinfection