PD or In-Center HD: Which is Better for Transplant?
An analysis of 12 studies found that doing PD before a transplant had significanlty less delayed graft function than those who did standard in-center HD. While on dialysis, PD had better 5-year survival than standard HD, too. There were no differences in the rates of acute rejection or transplant survival. Watch a Video Journal Club of this study on 'Cappuccino with Claudio Ronco'
Read the abstract » | (added 07/12/2016)
Related Journal Articles
- PD or In-Center HD: Which is Better for Transplant? | (added 07/12/2016)
- Patient Costs As A Challenge For Home Dialysis Choice | (added 06/08/2016)
- Results of a Metaanalysis of Nocturnal vs. Standard HD | (added 03/09/2017)
- The HEMO Study Returns with a New Message | (added 11/10/2016)
- Independence, Flexibility and Quality of Life Matter to Patients | (added 07/12/2016)