Which is More Cost Effective, PD or Standard In-Center HD?
If you’ve been reading this site, you won’t be surprised to learn that yet another study has found PD to be more cost-effective than standard in-center HD. A cross-sectional analysis was done on matched pairs of incident PD and HD patients (N=4,285) in Taiwan who were followed for up to 14 years. While the quality-adjusted life expectancy was almost equal, HD costs were much higher.
Read the abstract » | (added 08/09/2016)
Related Journal Articles
- Frequent HD in Children | (added 04/12/2017)
- Low Molecular Weight Heparin Use in Nocturnal HD | (added 01/09/2017)
- Patient Attitude and Motivation Matters for Long-term Survival | (added 02/09/2016)
- For HD Survival, Home Beats In-Center | (added 07/12/2016)
- NxStage Outcomes in France and Belgium | (added 12/09/2016)