Can PD Treat Alzheimer’s Disease?
A build up of amyloid beta (Aβ) is believed to cause dementia in Alzheimer’s disease, and the organs and tissues can help clear Aβ from the blood. Plasma Aβ levels were measured before and after PD in 30 new PD patients. Daily PD was also done in mice for one month, with Aβ levels measured. In both groups, PD significantly reduced Aβ levels.
Read the abstract » | (added 08/17/2017)
Related Journal Articles
- Waist Circumference Linked to Survival on PD | (added 06/12/2017)
- Can PD Treat Alzheimer’s Disease? | (added 08/17/2017)
- The Impact of ESRD Treatment Modality on Sleep Quality | (added 06/12/2017)
- Both UF Rate AND UF Amount Matter | (added 06/12/2017)
- Hydrogels as Scaffolding for Kidney Regeneration | (added 08/17/2017)