Why Do People Stop Doing Home HD?
Among 2,840 people who started home HD between 2007 and 2009, nearly one in four stopped within a year, while 1-year mortality was 7.6%. The risks of stopping home HD were higher among those with diabetes, and substance use (alcohol, tobacco, drugs). Those who were listed for transplant or lived in rural areas were less likely to stop home HD.
Read the abstract » | (added 01/10/2016)
Related Journal Articles
- And, Again: More HD Improves Quality of Life | (added 03/09/2017)
- Independence, Flexibility and Quality of Life Matter to Patients | (added 07/12/2016)
- Transplant Beat Nocturnal HD for Boosting Cognitive Function | (added 02/09/2016)
- Time Matters: HD Kt Dose , Hospitalization, and Death | (added 11/10/2016)
- Which is More Cost Effective, PD or Standard In-Center HD? | (added 08/09/2016)