Note: We do not sell dialysis machines. Please contact the companies that do for prices and to learn more. We cannot tell you about machines sold outside of the US.
HD machines clean blood by passing it through a filter called a dialyzer. This "artificial kidney" is a clear plastic cylinder filled with hair-thin hollow fibers. Blood flows through the insides of the fibers; dialysate fluid bathes the outside of the fibers. Wastes and excess water from the blood diffuse through tiny pores in the fibers and into the dialysate, and are flushed away. With each pass through the dialyzer, blood gets cleaner.
NxStage® System One™ with PureFlow™ SL
NxStage Medical, Inc.Purpose:
System One - 15h x 15w x 15d inches and 70 lbs.; PureFlow SL - 19h x 20w x 26d inches and 90 lbsBenefits:
The System One allows for flexible therapy options—either at home, or on the road. The PureFlow SL makes home and daily dialysis with the System One even easier. It features a compact "all-in-one" design and is about the size of an end-table, which eliminates the need for a large water purification system. Just a simple faucet or under-sink connection and standard electrical outlet helps avoid the often costly home modifications required by traditional systems. The PureFlow SL prepares high-purity dialysate from ordinary tap water. 1Special Features:
The ability to take the System One cycler off the top of the PureFlow SL unit and use bagged dialysate fluids (Express package) on the road allows freedom to travel. Drop-in cartridge for easy set-up and take-down; standard electrical connections; "service swap" maintenance; and treatment duration/frequency prescription flexibility.
1 The PureFlow SL is designed for use with water that meets the primary standards of the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA).
Fresenius Medical CarePurpose:
52h x 21w x 25d inches and 160 lbs.Benefits:
The 2008K@home is designed for maximum versatility in the home setting. Featuring the proven performance and reliability of our In-Center 2008K machine, the K@home can deliver therapy in a full range of options. Your physician will enjoy the flexibility of being able to customize your prescription including a choice of dialyzers, dialysate bath options, and more than a dozen concentrate choices. The K@home is equally capable of slow and gentle flow performance as it is of high efficiency dialysis. Finally, there is a machine that does it all from short daily dialysis, to every other day, to various quotidian therapies.Special Features:
- Uncomplicated control panel makes user set-up and operation easy.
- Color touch screen provides easy to understand HELP and menu navigation.
- Convenient color screen dimming function.
- Short cabinet design for improved home use ergonomics.
- Wetness detection and alarm feature for advanced home safety.
- Programmable Blood Pressure alarm settings.
- On board Heparin Pump and UF calculator.
- Remote monitoring and data capture.
- DiaSafe Plus filter ready.
Quanta Dialysis TechnologiesPurpose:
(H) 520 x (W) 370 x (D) 550 mm / (H)20.5” x (W)146” x (D)21.7”Benefits:
- Quanta’s small, simple and versatile hemodialysis system is designed to provide greater freedom and flexibility in the delivery of life sustaining hemodialysis treatments.
- Weighing just 70.5 lbs, SC+ is lightweight and easy to transport between patients in the hospital or nursing facility and occupies just 3.5 cubic feet, allow it to easily fit into small spaces.
- Featuring the latest in ergonomic design, SC+ features a big, bright easy-to-read and responsive touchscreen display plus a logical, linear screen-flow with only 11 key steps from start-to-finish.
- Quanta’s unique disposable Dialysate Cartridge removes the need to disinfect SC+ after each treatment, saving valuable time.
- SC+ uses simplified user-friendly, color-coded disposable device connections and is compatible with existing dialyzers, acid concentrates and bicarbonate cartridges.
- SC+ is digitally enabled for remote machine diagnostics to ensure it performs as it should.
- Virtually unlimited online dialysate generation, unrestricted by bags or batching.
- Highly accurate, precise fluid management compatible with a variety of water sources including water distribution loops in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities and separate reverse osmosis systems.
- High dialysate flow rate (500 mL/min) compatible with 3x weekly prescriptions, enabling flexibility for more frequent treatment
- Low dialysate flow mode (300 mL/min) for higher frequency treatment regimens and gentler treatment. SC+ supports treatment of up to 8 hours.
- Connectivity through bank-level data encryption using the latest technology ensuring the highest level HIPAA compliance.
- Quanta’s Service Portal enables remote monitoring of treatment parameters, technical support and troubleshooting.
- No disinfection delays
- Easy to set up
- Easy to train
- Any location
- Any treatment regimen
- Facilitating contiunuum of care
- Utilises flow rates typically used on traditional machines
SC+ is not yet FDA cleared for sale or use in the US.