Human HD WAK Trials Reported at ASN
The FDA requires “proof of concept” trials, and Dr. Victor Gura’s 10-lb. HD wearable artificial kidney has passed its first one. Seven patients wore the WAK for 24 hours, with no adverse events and consistent ultrafiltration rates. Malfunctions such as tubing leaks, CO2 bubbles in the dialysate, and variable blood and dialysate flow rates stopped the trial, and the WAK, fast-tracked by the FDA, will be redesigned before it is tested again.
Read the full article » | Posted 11/11/2015
- AWAK PD Attracts Funding Posted 01/09/2020
- PD to Go, Please Posted 12/10/2019
- Portable, Wearable Dialysis—from Russia With Love Posted 12/10/2019
- Fresenius-licensed Endexo Smart Polymer Gets FDA Breakthrough Status to Prevent Clots Posted 11/16/2019
- Diality is Moving Forward with Portable Home HD Posted 11/16/2019