Dialysis with Living Cells
Dialysis removes some water and wastes, but can’t do other functions of healthy kidneys, like making hormones, that require living cells. Now, researchers at the University of Michigan have a way to grow, preserve, and store living kidney cells for use in a dialysis system. See the new bioartificial renal epithelial cell system (BRECS) here!
Read the full article » | Posted 12/09/2016
- Bring Home the Bacon Posted 02/15/2018
- A PD Solution to Protect Peritoneal Membranes Posted 01/11/2018
- The V-Wing Didn’t Make It; Perhaps the AV-Guardian Will? Posted 01/11/2018
- Print a Kidney Posted 01/11/2018
- Baxter Theranova: More Middle Molecules, Less Albumin Loss Posted 12/14/2017