Gel to Promote Dialysis Fistula Success
What if a surgeon could help AV fistulas mature, just by applying a gel? Researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham have developed a bionanomatrix gel that could boost fistula success and even reduce the risk of later stenosis. The gel mimics the endothelial lining of blood vessels, and a $2M grant will help the researchers continue their vital work.
Read the full article » | Posted 10/13/2017
- Bring Home the Bacon Posted 02/15/2018
- A PD Solution to Protect Peritoneal Membranes Posted 01/11/2018
- The V-Wing Didn’t Make It; Perhaps the AV-Guardian Will? Posted 01/11/2018
- Print a Kidney Posted 01/11/2018
- Baxter Theranova: More Middle Molecules, Less Albumin Loss Posted 12/14/2017