Can PD Treat Alzheimer’s Disease?
A build up of amyloid beta (Aβ) is believed to cause dementia in Alzheimer’s disease, and the organs and tissues can help clear Aβ from the blood. Plasma Aβ levels were measured before and after PD in 30 new PD patients. Daily PD was also done in mice for one month, with Aβ levels measured. In both groups, PD significantly reduced Aβ levels.
Read the abstract » | (added 08/17/2017)
Related Journal Articles
- Obesity and PD Catheter Function | (added 10/12/2017)
- New PD Strategies Using Icodextrin | (added 07/14/2017)
- Bone Mineral Balance in Short Daily HD: A Cautionary Tale | (added 09/15/2017)
- The Impact of AGEs on the Gut Microbiome in PD | (added 10/13/2017)
- How Best to Disinfect PD Bag Ports | (added 08/17/2017)