Which is safer for urgent start dialysis, PD or HD?
If dialysis must start right away, which option offers a better chance of avoiding infection and living longer—PD or HD? In Dr. Arshia Ghaffari’s study, reported in abstract form at the NKF Spring Clinicals, the clear winner was urgent start PD. Urgent start HD had a 43% higher rate of hospitalization and 4.3 times the number of catheter-related infections.
Read the full article » | Posted 04/10/2015
- Volume Overload Affects PD Technique Failure Posted 01/09/2020
- Pilot Project Brings Home HD to Montreal Cree Community Posted 12/10/2019
- DaVita: Nocturnal In-center HD Beats Standard HD Posted 11/16/2019
- To PD Or Not To PD Posted 10/14/2019
- Fresenius Solo HHDer Trains Local First Responders Posted 10/14/2019