Which is safer for urgent start dialysis, PD or HD?
If dialysis must start right away, which option offers a better chance of avoiding infection and living longer—PD or HD? In Dr. Arshia Ghaffari’s study, reported in abstract form at the NKF Spring Clinicals, the clear winner was urgent start PD. Urgent start HD had a 43% higher rate of hospitalization and 4.3 times the number of catheter-related infections.
Read the full article » | Posted 04/10/2015
- PEI says Go Home Posted 02/15/2018
- 35 Years of Home HD Posted 01/11/2018
- MACs Threaten Nephrologists’ Ability to Provide Patient-Centered Care Posted 01/11/2018
- Visually Impaired Couple Succeed with Home HD Posted 12/14/2017
- UK Camper Vans Introduce PD Posted 12/14/2017