PD has a 25% lower risk of dementia than standard in-center HD
Among 121,623 patients starting dialysis, those who began with PD had a 25% lower chance of developing dementia than those who started with HD—even after adjusting for age, gender, and other factors. Dr. Dawn Wolfgram and her team looked at USRDS data and claims data to rule out people who had dementia when they started treatment, though doctors may have steered cognitively impaired patients away from a self-care option like PD.
Read the full article » | Posted 04/10/2015
- PEI says Go Home Posted 02/15/2018
- 35 Years of Home HD Posted 01/11/2018
- MACs Threaten Nephrologists’ Ability to Provide Patient-Centered Care Posted 01/11/2018
- Visually Impaired Couple Succeed with Home HD Posted 12/14/2017
- UK Camper Vans Introduce PD Posted 12/14/2017