PD has a 25% lower risk of dementia than standard in-center HD
Among 121,623 patients starting dialysis, those who began with PD had a 25% lower chance of developing dementia than those who started with HD—even after adjusting for age, gender, and other factors. Dr. Dawn Wolfgram and her team looked at USRDS data and claims data to rule out people who had dementia when they started treatment, though doctors may have steered cognitively impaired patients away from a self-care option like PD.
Read the full article » | Posted 04/10/2015
- Volume Overload Affects PD Technique Failure Posted 01/09/2020
- Pilot Project Brings Home HD to Montreal Cree Community Posted 12/10/2019
- DaVita: Nocturnal In-center HD Beats Standard HD Posted 11/16/2019
- To PD Or Not To PD Posted 10/14/2019
- Fresenius Solo HHDer Trains Local First Responders Posted 10/14/2019