“Untethered” home nocturnal HD freedom in Manitoba
Mendel Schnitzer used to have to drive half an hour to his dialysis hospital, be there for 4-5 hours, and then go home exhausted. (Note: 4-5 hours is far more HD than the majority of Americans receive!). Now he is doing 36 hours of nocturnal HD a week using a NxStage System One, and even bringing it along to his family cottage on a lake. “This machine gave me longer life, better freedom, and almost a normal life,” he reports.
Read the full article » | Posted 10/15/2015
- Standard In-center HD is Not Work-friendly Posted 02/15/2018
- Sleeping Sedatives and PD Mortality: Sweet Dreams Posted 01/11/2018
- More Hours of Dialysis Boost Survival Posted 11/13/2017
- Affordable Care Act Enrollment Ends December 15th Posted 11/13/2017
- Winnipeg, Canada Expands Innovative PD Program Posted 10/13/2017