Australia technology to get patients home and help them stay there.
Telehealth, with remote monitors and video conferencing is being tested to boost home dialysis rates in Australia. The aim is to reach from the current level of 15% home dialysis patients in Victoria to the new Department of Health benchmark of 30-35%. The system collects weight and blood pressure data, which are looked at by a renal nurse. Video conferences help patients review needling and let nurses see exit sites to watch for infection.
Read the full article » | Posted 11/06/2013
- AWAK PD Attracts Funding Posted 01/09/2020
- PD to Go, Please Posted 12/10/2019
- Portable, Wearable Dialysis—from Russia With Love Posted 12/10/2019
- Fresenius-licensed Endexo Smart Polymer Gets FDA Breakthrough Status to Prevent Clots Posted 11/16/2019
- Diality is Moving Forward with Portable Home HD Posted 11/16/2019