Plastic Dialysis Cannulas!
Now used in Japan and Australia—but not the US—use of plastic cannulas vs. metal needles for HD may reduce the risk of vessel wall damage or infiltration. While the plastic cannulas cost more, following further study, they could benefit restless patients, children, patients on long HD sessions or those with metal allergies.
Read the full article » | Posted 08/09/2016
- Bring Home the Bacon Posted 02/15/2018
- A PD Solution to Protect Peritoneal Membranes Posted 01/11/2018
- The V-Wing Didn’t Make It; Perhaps the AV-Guardian Will? Posted 01/11/2018
- Print a Kidney Posted 01/11/2018
- Baxter Theranova: More Middle Molecules, Less Albumin Loss Posted 12/14/2017