Change, It is a’Coming
The Vanderbilt/UCSF implantable artificial kidney, a far different model than the wearable kidney, is making progress toward human trials, even as soon as late 2017/early 2018. Developed by Dr. William Fissel and bioengineer Shuvo Roy, PhD, the project has a $5M NIH grant and uses a biohybrid approach that better mimics healthy kidney function.
Read the full article » | Posted 01/09/2017
- Tailored Dialysate Posted 03/16/2018
- Bionic Mini-Kidney! Posted 03/16/2018
- Bring Home the Bacon Posted 02/15/2018
- A PD Solution to Protect Peritoneal Membranes Posted 01/11/2018
- The V-Wing Didn’t Make It; Perhaps the AV-Guardian Will? Posted 01/11/2018