Surgery-free Dialysis Fistulas on the Horizon
Ultrasound-guided nanotechnology (Ellipsys Vascular Access System, from Avenu Medical) has been used to fuse arteries and veins to create dialysis fistulas without surgery! The 23-minute procedure worked 95% of the time in an early trial, with 90% good enough to do dialysis, less time to first cannulation—and lower infection risk and scarring.
Read the full article » | Posted 12/14/2017
- Bring Home the Bacon Posted 02/15/2018
- A PD Solution to Protect Peritoneal Membranes Posted 01/11/2018
- The V-Wing Didn’t Make It; Perhaps the AV-Guardian Will? Posted 01/11/2018
- Print a Kidney Posted 01/11/2018
- Baxter Theranova: More Middle Molecules, Less Albumin Loss Posted 12/14/2017