PD or In-Center HD: Which is Better for Transplant?
An analysis of 12 studies found that doing PD before a transplant had significanlty less delayed graft function than those who did standard in-center HD. While on dialysis, PD had better 5-year survival than standard HD, too. There were no differences in the rates of acute rejection or transplant survival. Watch a Video Journal Club of this study on 'Cappuccino with Claudio Ronco'
Read the abstract » | (added 07/12/2016)
Related Journal Articles
- Survival on PD vs. Daily Home HD | (added 04/12/2016)
- Less Severe Itching With PD Than In-center HD | (added 03/10/2016)
- The HEMO Study Returns with a New Message | (added 11/10/2016)
- NxStage and 2008K@Home Head-to-Head | (added 01/10/2016)
- And, Again: More HD Improves Quality of Life | (added 03/09/2017)