PD or In-Center HD: Which is Better for Transplant?
An analysis of 12 studies found that doing PD before a transplant had significanlty less delayed graft function than those who did standard in-center HD. While on dialysis, PD had better 5-year survival than standard HD, too. There were no differences in the rates of acute rejection or transplant survival. Watch a Video Journal Club of this study on 'Cappuccino with Claudio Ronco'
Read the abstract » | (added 07/12/2016)
Related Journal Articles
- Considering Alternative Markers for Dialysis Dose | (added 09/14/2016)
- Glycated Albumin More Accurate in PD than Glycated Hemoglobin | (added 05/12/2016)
- NxStage and 2008K@Home Head-to-Head | (added 01/10/2016)
- Nocturnal HD Improves Nutritional Status | (added 07/12/2016)
- Less Severe Itching With PD Than In-center HD | (added 03/10/2016)