Which is More Cost Effective, PD or Standard In-Center HD?
If you’ve been reading this site, you won’t be surprised to learn that yet another study has found PD to be more cost-effective than standard in-center HD. A cross-sectional analysis was done on matched pairs of incident PD and HD patients (N=4,285) in Taiwan who were followed for up to 14 years. While the quality-adjusted life expectancy was almost equal, HD costs were much higher.
Read the abstract » | (added 08/09/2016)
Related Journal Articles
- Urea Alone is Not a Good Index of Dialysis Dose | (added 04/12/2016)
- Transplant Survival Better After PD Than Standard In-center HD | (added 11/16/2019)
- Systematic Review of Pregnancy on HD | (added 11/10/2016)
- PD or In-Center HD: Which is Better for Transplant? | (added 07/12/2016)
- More Hospital Readmissions with PD Than In-Center HD | (added 02/08/2017)